Ford has actually replied to the Ram 1500 TRX with its very own supercharged supertruck: the brand-new 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R. Ford might be late to the celebration, however followers can feel confident that its 5.2-liter supercharged V8 prepares to toss down, packaging 700 horse power in a leaner, more-focused bundle. You can check out everything about the brand-new Raptor R in our launching article, however if you wonder just how it accumulates to the TRX by several of its crucial metrics, you remain in the ideal area. Allow’s begin.
Allow’s proceed as well as obtain this one off the beaten track. Both of these vehicles provide blistering efficiency numbers, however a fast eye the specifications recommends a clear champion. Both the Ford as well as Ram are half-ton team taxicab pick-ups powered by supercharged V8s, however just how that bundle integrates varies quite substantially in between both.
2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R
- Engine: 5.2-liter supercharged DOHC V8
- Power: 700 horse power
- Torque: 640 pound-feet
- Suspension: Independent double-wishbone (front); five-link coil with Panhard pole (back); continually variable energetic Fox dampers (both)
- Suppress Weight: 5,950 extra pounds
2022 Ram 1500 TRX
It was looking helpful for the TRX right up till completion there. When you take into consideration the TRX’s additional heft, Ram has the side in overall power as well as torque– simply hardly– however that benefit goes away. 400 extra pounds might not feel like completion of the globe in the context of these vehicles, however weight plays a roll in all facets of efficiency. This resembles a crowning achievement for heaven Oval.
Raptor was the default half-ton efficiency vehicle for several years, however with OEMs obtaining ever before much more major regarding developing full-size pick-ups that can lose off-pavement, Ford has actually leaned harder right into the Raptor’s high-speed efficiency. Ram’s technique was comparable, just with even more power– previously, that is. There’s even more to off-roading than blowing up throughout the desert. Allow’s see just how they accumulate.
- Ground clearance: 131 inches
- Strategy angle: 331 levels
- Separation angle: 249 levels
- Breakover angle: 244 levels
- Tires: 37″ BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 on 17 x8.5 beadlock-capable wheels
- Powertrain: 2-speed on-demand 4WD w/ mechanical lock as well as digital securing back differential w/ 4.10:1 axle proportion
- Ground clearance: 11.8 inches
- Strategy angle: 30.2 levels
- Separation angle: 23.5 levels
- Breakover angle: 21.9 levels
- Tires: 35″ Goodyear Wrangler Region AT on 18 x9 beadlock-capable wheels
- Powertrain: 2-Speed on-demand 4WD w/ mechanical lock as well as digital securing back differential w/ 3.92:1 axle proportion
Ford looks like it has the side below. While their powertrains align quite near each other, the Raptor supplies much more ground clearance as well as much better breakover, technique as well as separation angles.
Allowed’s admit it, no one’s purchasing an efficiency vehicle since it’s one of the most efficient method to transport the family members traveling trailer or powerboat to the lake a couple of times a year; these are playthings. If something enjoyable as well as silly can be functional as well, that’s a good little perk. Allow’s see just how they pile up in terms of regular “vehicle” things.
- Towing ability: 8,700 extra pounds
- Haul ability: 1,400 extra pounds
- Towing ability: 8,100 extra pounds
- Haul ability: 1,400 extra pounds
Ford has the side below in towing, however the Ram matches its haul ability easily. It’s quite secure to state that if your top priority is doing “vehicle things,” there’s actually no incorrect response below.
Evaluating by the spec sheets, the 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R is the very early fave. It should not be as well long prior to we obtain the possibility to see for ourselves. Keep tuned!
Associated video clip: